Kuntanawa - Povo do coco

Forums

Forum Home > Materiais - Materials > What is there already, what is needed?

johanna

I am guessing you have much clay in the soil there, as they do in ceu do mapia... it is for this reason I recommend trying the kiln building for making of bricks to put the earth walls on top of....

there are many approaches, we look for the one that will last longest, be the least toxic, and the most stable and easy to maintain over time...one the forest herself would be proud of...

The foundation is the hardest part in wet climates...we can try several approaches, and watch the results over time. Please let me know if anyone there has any experience using clay...you can TODAY make a small amount of clay, mix to thick and sticky, and with hands make a small house like what we might build very big...

hopefully this can get started...I think Murienne already tried this with us...Murienne, have you shown them how to mix the earth and make little house models yet??? I dont seem to be able to upload pictures yet...I have many that can show what this looks like, mix to wall, wall growing, planning the roof...

we can also make garbage dissappear, and walls go up faster by placing inside the earth wall any garbage we dont want to see. Does this help yet??? I will check here every day until we get conversations and movement forward in how to do this.,.this webiste is Inca's plan...as is the coming out in May...we are hoping this will work for everyone. GOOD LUCK AND VERY MUCH LOVE!       Mama Johanna

February 17, 2009 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

johanna

Perhaps the forest would welcome a foreigner... I could bring some rainforest redwood tree seeds, the redwood tree looks very much like the 13 trees in the circle you have made for the cocoanut village design...very nice...would you rforest welcome rainforest trees from north american rain forests??? Shall I also bring food seeds for growing food for your village???

February 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

johanna

Perhaps the forest would welcome a foreigner... I could bring some rainforest redwood tree seeds, the redwood tree looks very much like the 13 trees in the circle you have made for the cocoanut village design...very nice...would you rforest welcome rainforest trees from north american rain forests??? Shall I also bring food seeds for growing food for your village???

February 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sommer

Hello!

I just got back to the United States from Mexico.  I was in Tepoztlan, and everyday I

walked by this family business.  They make earth bricks in the local style.  Very very 

method.  They mix clay dirt with some water and dung, and then lay it into molds that make the bricks uniforms.  For decoration they sometimes add rock into the bricks.  then they dry them in the sun and stack them.  Many houses in the this town are constructed in this way. 

They are beautiful!  

I also saw on a cd. cover that my friend Angel brought back from Floripa, a tradition structure

of the tribe that was recorded on the album.  It looked to me like a clay house that down rather dome-shaped-ish and had an amazing roof on it of thatch and tree branches.  

What do we know about the Kuntanawa's already tradional building style?  Do they want to build ancestral homes using traditional and local materials?  In this way, they can help us with the vision of building materials, as i'm sure someone must know, or even some of these structures might already exist.  Is this what they want?

I earth kiln project, to build a kiln, or maybe a few, on site, for earthbrick and also to make other clay objects, would be amazing!  And they are so beautiful just to look at and have around, aside for thier utility!

Putting garbage and other unsightly refuse from the "developed" garbage heap known as "civilization" or corporate capitalism, is also a great way to deal with the recycling of strange objects left behind in the global markets mess making machine, that finds its way into the jungle, sadly, where there is no recycling facility and where a tin can or plastic bag can look so sad and out of place!

Those are my thoughts for today.

Much love!

Sommer

March 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sommer

Hello!

I just got back to the United States from Mexico.  I was in Tepoztlan, and everyday I

walked by this family business.  They make earth bricks in the local style.  Very very 

method.  They mix clay dirt with some water and dung, and then lay it into molds that make the bricks uniforms.  For decoration they sometimes add rock into the bricks.  then they dry them in the sun and stack them.  Many houses in the this town are constructed in this way. 

They are beautiful!  

I also saw on a cd. cover that my friend Angel brought back from Floripa, a tradition structure

of the tribe that was recorded on the album.  It looked to me like a clay house that down rather dome-shaped-ish and had an amazing roof on it of thatch and tree branches.  

What do we know about the Kuntanawa's already tradional building style?  Do they want to build ancestral homes using traditional and local materials?  In this way, they can help us with the vision of building materials, as i'm sure someone must know, or even some of these structures might already exist.  Is this what they want?

I earth kiln project, to build a kiln, or maybe a few, on site, for earthbrick and also to make other clay objects, would be amazing!  And they are so beautiful just to look at and have around, aside for thier utility!

Putting garbage and other unsightly refuse from the "developed" garbage heap known as "civilization" or corporate capitalism, is also a great way to deal with the recycling of strange objects left behind in the global markets mess making machine, that finds its way into the jungle, sadly, where there is no recycling facility and where a tin can or plastic bag can look so sad and out of place!

Much love!

Sommer

March 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

johanna

Sommer at 02:45PM on Mar 01, 2009

Hello!

They are beautiful!  

Much love!

Sommer

To use adobe or earth clay bricks for foundation, they need to be FIRED so they DO NOT DISSOLVE UPONE GETTING WET....the dung IS FABULOUS to help with this!!! WE can take an inventory, if somone will make us a list of available materinals, we can recommend what to collect untill we arrive, we can make drawings and post them here, back and forth while showing and togehter desingning the homes families want...we DO NOT NEED much in the way of MONEY for MUCH of this, if we know how to use properly, what is already there...knowing this, will help decide what does or does not need to be brought in....WE ARE WAITING FOR INCA, since she said this is how to plan and organize...from this site!!!???

--
March 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

johanna

WE CAN PLAN TO CME FOR THE MONTH OF MAY if this works for everyone...

March 4, 2009 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.